Saturday 19th February 2022
As we have a number of governors at the end, or approaching the end of their terms of office, the
governing body of Shropshire Hills Federation (Chirbury, Norbury and Stiperstones Primary
Schools) is looking to appoint several new governors. We are looking to appoint:
• 1 parent governor - must be a parent with a child currently in one of our three schools. If
more that one person is interested in this post, we will need to hold an election.
• 2 co-opted governors - a co -opted governor can be from any part of our communities
The main criteria for being a school governor are:
• to have a commitment to, and an interest in, education
• to have a desire to support all schools within the federation
• to have a willingness to serve the local community
• to have skills and experience which will support the work of the school
• to have the ability to work as a member of a team
• to be able to arrange their commitments to fit in with membership of a governing body
• to attend relevant training
• to attend three full governing body meetings each year (usually in person)
• to be a part of one committee which also meets three times each year (usually online)
Being a governors is a vital role in the development of our schools. It is a voluntary position, but
also a fulfilling one, as good governors, develop good or better schools for our children. We are
looking for people with a variety of skills and experiences, and from all areas of our communities.
A broad representation of views, life experiences and skills, makes for a governing body that will
best represent our school communities, and develop our schools for the benefit of our children,
and for those children that will follow in the future.
If you would like to be considered for any of the governor vacancies, please email us with a couple
of short paragraphs about yourself and your experiences. Alternatively, you can call us for more
information, or just an informal chat about what being a governor is all about. You can contact us
01938 561647 (Chirbury) or 01588 650207 (Norbury and Stiperstones Schools)
We look forward to hearing from you.
Mr Les Ball